Anonymous Comics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for Anonymous Comics, comprised of art and stories inspired by or based on the Anonymous Movement

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I have a question about copyright

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kinesta

I have a question about copyright Empty
PostSubject: I have a question about copyright   I have a question about copyright Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:47 am

I was wondering if I may use the words "admiral akbar" or the word "mudkip" in my comic? or should I just avoid useing them

Anyone can help me out you know
Back to top Go down
Anonagi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have a question about copyright   I have a question about copyright Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:21 pm

Shouldn't be an issue. The names are used in parody comics all the time and if San Francisco chanology hasn't been sued into oblivion because of their Mudkip flag, I think it would fall under fair use.

Nintendo and Lucas shouldn't have issues.
Back to top Go down
https://anonymouscomics.forumotion.com
kinesta

PostSubject: Re: I have a question about copyright   I have a question about copyright Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 2:58 pm

alright thanks
Back to top Go down
Vir

Vir

PostSubject: Re: I have a question about copyright   I have a question about copyright Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:26 pm

We may want to put in a disclaimer, and make sure to parody the things you put in instead of just using them out of laziness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a question about copyright   I have a question about copyright Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have a question about copyright
Page 1 of 1