Anonymous Comics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for Anonymous Comics, comprised of art and stories inspired by or based on the Anonymous Movement

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Comic Idea: Please Discuss

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OGjimbo

My Comic Idea: Please Discuss Empty
PostSubject: My Comic Idea: Please Discuss   My Comic Idea: Please Discuss Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:18 pm

Ok, here is one idea I have been working on. This idea is still in its infancy but I thought I might as well lay it out and see if you guys think it has any merit. If it does develop any further I will still need to find an artist to collaborate with but we’ll cross that bridge if we come to it.

The concept is a get rich quick manual or how to guide. The title could be something like

“Make it Rich Now! The Comprehensive Guide to Creating Religion for Profit”

The manual would basically take you through most of Scientology’s most commonly used methods in duping people out of there cash and in the end we could include a small statement with a serious message that would have to of course be carefully written. As for the rest of it, I think we could make it really outlandish and still be successfully informing the public. Once people are given tools for identifying trickery, I find that they are eager to use them.

Here are a few examples of stuff we could cover in the manual;

“Lets face it, using religion to scam and trick good well intended people out of there hard earned finances is perfectly legal and a great way to make mountains of cash! This guide will show you how to make it big by creating your own religion for profit!

People who are looking for a sense of belonging or who want to understand the spiritual world make for perfect targets and are in no short supply. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get started!

Luring new members into your fake religion is key! Once they are in, you must come up with clever methods of charging them large sums of their hard earned money without driving them away. One very successful method is always promising that further spiritual gains are just around the corner, but before we discuss more details Mr. Davidson, we are going to need you to write that check out!

Choosing a name for your religion can be a very important step! Try selecting something that sounds intellectual so that those who join your religion will feel sophisticated when telling others about joining “Informatology” or “Studyology” or whatever you can come up with.

Do whatever it takes to silence any influences in your member’s lives such as pesky family members and close friends who are opposed to the corrupt practices of your religion. Remember, if you remove your members from all contact with there family and friends, they will have a much smaller chance of realizing they are being scammed.”

Anyway, those are just a few examples of some of the steps to successful scamming that would be featured in the manual. I’m sure we could come up with a whole bunch of them.

So what do you guys think? Is there anything to this idea? Please let me know, any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Jimbo
Back to top Go down
Anonbob

Anonbob

PostSubject: Re: My Comic Idea: Please Discuss   My Comic Idea: Please Discuss Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:59 pm

Sounds very much like Ben Franklin's Rules for reducing a great empire to a small one. A great read. I think it would be very appropriate to include this idea in the comic.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous06

PostSubject: Re: My Comic Idea: Please Discuss   My Comic Idea: Please Discuss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:11 pm

Back to top Go down
OGjimbo

PostSubject: Re: My Comic Idea: Please Discuss   My Comic Idea: Please Discuss Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:21 pm

Anonymous06 wrote:
be sure to watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNSe5XYp6E

Very interesting, this actually causes me to wonder.

I started the video but didn't let it get past the first minute or so. I did this because I felt like I should keep my mind fresh with original ideas.

What do you guys think? Should I go that route, or should I watch the video and try to utilize some of the better ideas within the video while constructing my comic book?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Comic Idea: Please Discuss   My Comic Idea: Please Discuss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Comic Idea: Please Discuss
Page 1 of 1