Anonymous Comics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for Anonymous Comics, comprised of art and stories inspired by or based on the Anonymous Movement

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FONTS! (comic sans?)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymos42

FONTS! (comic sans?) Empty
PostSubject: FONTS! (comic sans?)   FONTS! (comic sans?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:43 pm

I thought this was an important issue and warrants a thread.

In official comic circles... "Comic Sans" is the anti-christ of fonts. I advise against using it.

To that end, I would urge everyone to look up some free font resources online. The best one IMO is blambot.com
They produce some great font you can purchase, but also have good free fonts.

Just make sure whatever you use is readable.
Back to top Go down
kinesta

PostSubject: Re: FONTS! (comic sans?)   FONTS! (comic sans?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:20 pm

why is it the anti-christ of fonts in comic books? I agree that it does not appeal to the eye when you are reading it but I was just wondering
Back to top Go down
Anonymos42

PostSubject: Re: FONTS! (comic sans?)   FONTS! (comic sans?) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:13 am

Essentially, it distills the entire process of artistic typesetting, which is a profession in it's own right, into one font.

It's a cliche.
Back to top Go down
PaintMeACartoon

PostSubject: Re: FONTS! (comic sans?)   FONTS! (comic sans?) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:02 am

I use "lucky"
Back to top Go down
Dis

PostSubject: Re: FONTS! (comic sans?)   FONTS! (comic sans?) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:22 pm

42 is dead on. Comics are the marriage of words & pictures and while we all recognize how important the writing is to a comic, one of the most frequent mistakes creators make is to cheat the letters when they hit the page.

In addition to the free fonts, Blambot also has some excellent tips for comic creation in their Articles section here:
http://www.blambot.com/articles.shtml
Back to top Go down
http://www.youfoundthecomic.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FONTS! (comic sans?)   FONTS! (comic sans?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FONTS! (comic sans?)
Page 1 of 1